|John Henry Hood|
1914 (aged 24–25)|
|Cause of death||Hillcrest Mine Disaster|
|Resting place||Hillcrest Cemetery|
John was born about Jul 1889 (from 1901 census) in Lethbridge, Northwest Territories, now Alberta.
Andrew Hood married Jessie Ann McKay 26 Feb 1887, Lethbridge, Alberta. Both were born in Nova Scotia.
Miner and Siblings (in birth order)
- Ethel Bell Hood
- John Henry Hood
- Terrence Hood
- Jessie May or Jessie Ruth Hood
- Andrew Hood
- George Hood
- 1891 Lethbridge, Northwest Territories, Canada, age 2
- 1901 Lethbridge South, Northwest Territories, age 12, living with his mother and McKay grandparents.
- 1906 Frank, Alberta, age 17
- 1911 Hillcrest, Alberta, age 21, occupation teamster
Occupation in 1914
Hillcrest Mine Disaster June 19, 1914 - Killed
John is buried in the Hillcrest Cemetery but not in the Mass Grave.
After the Hillcrest Mine Disaster
1916 Census the family is still living in Hillcrest.
Father in Hillcrest
John is one of two miners born in Alberta. He was a survivor of the Frank Slide in 1903.
If you would like to see more information that we have gathered, please go to http://www.hillcrestminedisaster.com.